Information on the 2018 - 2019 Folkstyle Wrestling Season:
·The Folkstyle season runs from November through February.
·Our Mandatory Parents meeting will held at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 at The Woodlands High School Wrestling room by the tennis courts. We will have some singlets and custom headgear for sale at the meeting.
We will be collecting the following at the parent meeting.
1. Complete and submit the wrestler registration form on this website. We will keep an electronic copy of this.
2. Signed waiver form printed from registration page. This will also be included in packet of info at parent meeting.
3. Copy of USA wrestling card with current year listed for us to keep. If you are a coach, we need a copy of that updated card also.
4. Cash or Check for season dues. You can also pay online by credit card below.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO PAY REGISTRATION DUES by Credit Card: http://bit.ly/hwc-register
·We are one of the larger youth wrestling clubs in Texas and have a max capacity of wrestlers we can support. Please note that slots are limited and we may cut off our registration earlier if we reach our max number of wrestlers for this season.
Click here to Pay Dues for Registration
UNIFORM & HIGHLANDER GEAR
· Uniform Order Due by Sunday, Oct. 21st: http://sportsaddix.tuosystems.com/stores/highlander-wc
You can order your singlet, shorts, shirts, hoodie, bag, etc. and pay online.
They are sending gear directly to you this year.
If you have questions, please fill out this form.
· Wrestling shoes and headgear are required – You can purchase online. Any Asics, Adidas, or Nike wrestling shoe is good and for headgear, look specifically to buy Cliff Keen Tornado headgear in our team colors.
We will also have some Cliff Keen custom headgear for sale with our Highlander Wrestling Club logo on them. You can purchase those from coach.
- Team colors are Red, Black and White
- Practices: We practice at The Woodlands HS wrestling room Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and begin practice in early November.
- Beginners practice 5:15 – 6:30 pm.
- Experienced and all 7th / 8th graders practice 6:30 – 8:15 pm
This is a competitive team and all wrestlers are required to compete in all local tournaments and most of the out of town national tournaments per the schedule.
· Our goal as a team, and as individuals, is to win State Championships - there are State Championships for all levels: Rookie, Novice and Open.
· Parents are welcome in the wrestling room during practice but not required to stay. However; we are not a day care. All parents will need to complete the Safe Sport certification. Safe Sport Certification
· Parents are encouraged to get out on the mat and help out in practice. You do not need a coaching card to help in the room.
· If you're interested in helping as an assistant coach, the links are below. You will need to purchase the USA Wrestling Coaches card, complete the Copper certification level, and complete the criminal background check. You also need the Safe Sport certification.
Coaching Certification: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Coaches/NCEP-Certification/Copper-Certification
USA Wrestling membership required to coach and wrestle. http://www.usawmembership.com/
o The registration fee to join our club is $400. (This does not include shoes, singlet, headgear, team gear or USA Wrestling Card). Registration dues can be paid online. You may also pay by cash or check at the parent meeting. (Please put wrestler name in memo.
o All tournament entries are paid separately through Trackwrestling. ($15-20 Local / $40-45 National)
o All parents will need to set-up an account with www.trackwrestling.com & enter and pay for their own child for each tournament each week. You will need your USA membership number to register. Register under Highlander Youth Wrestling Club
o All wrestlers are required to have a USA wrestling card www.themat.com to PRACTICE and COMPETE.
We will need a copy of all USA wrestling cards by the first practice or your child will sit out.
· Volunteers: At least one family member needs to volunteer at a local event. We need table workers for the
local tournaments. Working the table gets you mat side!
· Kids wrestle their own weight class, experience level, (rookie, novice, open) and age group. You must be at or below designated weight.
- Rookie - first year wrestlers only, no prior tournament experience of any kind in any style of wrestling, can also compete at other levels
- Novice - only first and second year wrestlers can compete in novice - can compete in Open Class as well
- Open - anyone can compete in Open Class.
- Tournaments may be set-up as Rookie/Open - then Novice would wrestle in Open Class. *Some tournaments are Open only.
- Wrestlers must compete in a chosen weight class for 3 tournaments to qualify for Open State at that weight class. You do not have to do this for Rookie or Novice State. The 3 weigh in certifications can be after the weight allowance on Jan. 1st.